Connect with us

News

Tom Breese details signing with KSW, staying with LFL & Revisiting the UFC | EXCLUSIVE

Published

on

Polish Mixed Martial Arts promotional powerhouse, KSW, recently announced a bout between Damian Janikowski and current LFL (Levels Fight League) Middleweight champion, Tom Breese.

Birmingham native, Breese, joined the Dutch promotion, LFL, early last year and became their Middleweight champion in his first outing. Since then, the 30-year-old has gone onto defend his title once, submitting Ahmed Sami in round two.

(Credit: Instagram @Breesemma): Tom Breese defeats Ahmed Sami to retain his LFL Middleweight title

With the announcement of the Brit being scheduled to fight on KSW 74, fans began to speculate about his future and whether his time with LFL had come to an end. Speaking with the Renegade fighter, he confirmed the deal he has signed with KSW is a ‘multiple fight’ deal, but it will not prevent him from staying with LFL too, stating his desire to become KSW Middleweight champion as well as defending his LFL title further.

“The opportunity came about from LFL, they have a strong relationship with KSW. It’s a multiple fight deal, and my goal is to become Middleweight champion of KSW too. I’ll be working with both LFL and KSW, and between both promotions I can be active and progress my craft to a higher level.” Breese said.

Despite only having their first live event at the end of May last year, LFL have constructed a roster of extremely exciting and high level talent. Since making his LFL debut back in March this year, Breese has gone on to fight once more since, just over three months later.

“LFL is a brilliant promotion with plenty of talent and well matched bouts. They have kept me active and given me skilled opponents so i’ve been very happy to progress my craft in the promotion.” Breese mentioned.

Breese signed with the Amsterdam based promotion following his release from the UFC, where he signed at the age of just 23. While with the UFC, he faced several extremely high level Middleweights, including Omari Akhmedov and none other than Sean Strickland, someone he lost a narrow split decision to.

“The UFC gave me priceless experiences that have made me a better martial artist. I entered the UFC at just 23 years old with a 7-0 record.” Breese said. The Brit’s chapter with the UFC might not be over just yet. When asked if he intends to revisit that chapter at some point down the line, the Middleweight answered “For sure, that’s what I envision.”

Breese’s opponent, Janikowski, is a former Olympic Bronze medalist in Greco-Roman wrestling, making for an extremely enticing match-up, and one that Breese is extremely excited for. He said: “I am very happy with the opponent. An Olympic Bronze medal shows that he has elite skill in Greco-Roman wrestling. Of course I envision victory for me and I believe I have the technique and tactics to finish the fight.”

News

Magomed Umalatov & Denis Golstov OUT, Dilano Taylor & Juan Adams IN | PFL 8

Published

on

Magomed Umalatov & Denis Golstov have unfortunately been ruled out of their PFL semi-final playoff this weekend against Rory MacDonald & Matheus Scheffel as they were unable to secure a visa to enter the United Kingdom. The news was announced by PFL just moments ago.

Magomed Umalatov will now be replaced by welterweight alternate Dilano Taylor, whilst Golstov will now be replaced by former UFC heavyweight Juan Adams.

PFL 8 will take place at Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena this Saturday, August 13th. You can find the updated fight card for the event below.

PFL 8 Full Card

Post Main Card European Qualifiers:

Will Fleury vs Anthony Salamone

Nathan Kelly vs Ben Ellis

Vojto Barborík vs Maxim Radu

Francesco Nuzzi vs Moktar Benkaci

Main card

Dilano Taylor vs Magomed Umalatov

Ante Delija vs Renan Ferreira

Juan Adams vs Matheus Scheffel

Sadibou Sy vs Carlos Leal

Preliminary Card

Josh O’Connor vs Emran Sakhizaada

Mohammad Fakhreddine vs Marcin Wójcik

Chris Mixan vs Christian Stigenberg

Szymon Bajor vs Hatef Moeil

Continue Reading

News

PFL Offers To Host Kayla Harrison vs Cris Cyborg

Published

on

After both women were featured on yesterday’s episode of the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Kayla Harrison and Cris Cyborg now have a serious offer on the table for their super fight. The founder and co-owner of the PFL Donn Davis tweeted saying that the PFL will host the fight and “handle all matters”. Offering up $1 million for each fighter’s purse and a $2 million winners bonus, the fight now has some serious money behind it.

Whilst on the MMA Hour, both women had something to say about the fight, Kayla Harrison actually called into the show when it was about to end to tell her side of the story. She said that the last she heard from the PFL was that Cyborg was a free agent and they had reached out. Harrison also said that she would be happy to negotiate on behalf of Cyborg to get her whatever she wants, whether the fight is winner takes all or not, whether Harrison has to go through a full USADA drug testing program etc. Her only request was that they allow elbows so she can “put one through her skull”.

Cyborg, on the other hand, said that if the PFL wants to make the fight happen, they should contact Scott Coker and Bellator to make the fight a co-promotion. Despite now being a free agent, Cyborg referred to the fact that she loves working with them and considers Coker to be family and would want them to be involved. Whilst co-promotion isn’t out of the question as it’s something Bellator have done before, it does make the deal more complicated.

Also on the MMA Hour, Cyborg announced that she will be making her professional debut in boxing on September 25th. She will face Simone Silva in Curitiba, Brazil and signed her contract live on air. Harrison’s next outing in the PFL comes in less than two weeks when she faces Martina Jindrová on the 20th August at PFL 9 in London as one half of the semi-finals.

Is this a super-fight you’d like to see made in the near future? Let us know your thoughts on the situation in the comments.

Continue Reading

News

Jesse Arnett vs Ali AlQaisi 2 | The Biggest Rematch in UAE Warriors History is Official!

Published

on

The biggest rematch in UAE Warriors history is confirmed as Jesse Arnett (20-8) is set to defend his UAE Warriors featherweight title against rival Ali AlQaisi (12-6) in the main event of ‘UAE Warriors 33’ on Saturday, September 17 live from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Arnett won the title from AlQaisi in an exciting and heated affair at ‘UAE Warriors 30’ this past July ending ‘The Royal Fighter’s’ triple championship reign. The bout was ended via doctor stoppage due to a cut sustained by AlQaisi in the second round. Emotions ran high and tempers flared in the aftermath, however officials quickly handled the situation and both fighters immediately agreed to a rematch.

Will Arnett retain and establish himself as the UAE Warriors featherweight champion or can AlQaisi regain his status as triple champion!? The score will officially be settled on September 17, live around the world on UFC Fight Pass.

If that wasn’t enough excitement, we will see the anticipated return of the Africa series as ‘UAE Warriors 32: Africa’ takes place the night prior on Friday, September 16.

History will be made as Kevin Oumar (8-3) and Emilio Quissua (3-0) compete become the first ever UAE Warriors Africa light heavyweight champion.

Hailing from Comoros, Oumar is based out of France where has become both a sanda and kickboxing champion. The 29-year-old is on a five-fight win-streak which includes an impressive submission win over the previously undefeated Mohamed Amine in his last fight in UAE Warriors this past March.

Oumar will once again need to be on top of his game as he faces Angola’s Emilio Quissua. A former kickboxer himself, Quissua trains out of the renowned Planet Eater gym in Germany and has won all three of his professional MMA bouts since making his debut just over a year ago.

Stay tuned for more fight announcements.

Continue Reading

Trending

en_USEnglish