Warning: file_put_contents(/home/vmtvcouk/domains/vmtv.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/uploads/.htaccess): failed to open stream: Read-only file system in /home/vmtvcouk/domains/vmtv.co.uk/public_html/wp-content/plugins/wp-optimize/includes/class-wp-optimize-htaccess.php on line 135
Lewis McGrillen Responds To Wes Maia, "I'm Putting This Parcel In A Box & Buried Next To The Rest Of My Victims." - VMTV
Connect with us

News

Lewis McGrillen Responds To Wes Maia, “I’m Putting This Parcel In A Box & Buried Next To The Rest Of My Victims.”

Published

on

21-year-old, Lewis McGrillen, has responded to former Cage Warriors Flyweight, Weslley Maia’s callout stating that he will KO Maia just like he has his previous five opponents.

On Saturday, McGrillen moved to 5-0 after another vicious highlight reel KO, left hooking Martin Fouda to sleep, heightening his reputation as one of the most exciting prospects to be competing on the regional circuit. Having scored five first round knockouts following his touted amateur career, it’s clear the 21 year old is due a step up in his career.

A man that wants to truly test the Wythenshawe native is former Cage Warriors Flyweight, Weslley Maia. “Magic” Maia revealed last week that he asked for and was granted his release from Cage Warriors after struggling to find a fight at 125lbs.

After McGrillen’s devastating win on the weekend, Maia called his shot for a fight on September 10th with the Brit. Maia’s wish to fight on September 10th may have to wait, but a fight with McGrillen could well be next as McGrillen told VMTV: “Who the f*ck does he think he is asking for something he really doesn’t want, if you want it we can 100% have it.

“He’s not getting it October or September. I’m enjoying my birthday and rest, I just fought twice in a month. End of the year we are having it and I’m putting this parcel in a box and buried next to the rest of my victims.”

McGrillen admitted that he has already held talks with FCC (Full Contact Contender) about the possibility of a bout with Maia and they are on board, “I even spoke to FCC about his callout and they said end of the year as well. I want him (Maia) and I want Elliot Hoye.”

News

Magomed Umalatov & Denis Golstov OUT, Dilano Taylor & Juan Adams IN | PFL 8

Published

on

Magomed Umalatov & Denis Golstov have unfortunately been ruled out of their PFL semi-final playoff this weekend against Rory MacDonald & Matheus Scheffel as they were unable to secure a visa to enter the United Kingdom. The news was announced by PFL just moments ago.

Magomed Umalatov will now be replaced by welterweight alternate Dilano Taylor, whilst Golstov will now be replaced by former UFC heavyweight Juan Adams.

PFL 8 will take place at Cardiff’s Motorpoint Arena this Saturday, August 13th. You can find the updated fight card for the event below.

PFL 8 Full Card

Post Main Card European Qualifiers:

Will Fleury vs Anthony Salamone

Nathan Kelly vs Ben Ellis

Vojto Barborík vs Maxim Radu

Francesco Nuzzi vs Moktar Benkaci

Main card

Dilano Taylor vs Magomed Umalatov

Ante Delija vs Renan Ferreira

Juan Adams vs Matheus Scheffel

Sadibou Sy vs Carlos Leal

Preliminary Card

Josh O’Connor vs Emran Sakhizaada

Mohammad Fakhreddine vs Marcin Wójcik

Chris Mixan vs Christian Stigenberg

Szymon Bajor vs Hatef Moeil

Continue Reading

News

PFL Offers To Host Kayla Harrison vs Cris Cyborg

Published

on

After both women were featured on yesterday’s episode of the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani, Kayla Harrison and Cris Cyborg now have a serious offer on the table for their super fight. The founder and co-owner of the PFL Donn Davis tweeted saying that the PFL will host the fight and “handle all matters”. Offering up $1 million for each fighter’s purse and a $2 million winners bonus, the fight now has some serious money behind it.

Whilst on the MMA Hour, both women had something to say about the fight, Kayla Harrison actually called into the show when it was about to end to tell her side of the story. She said that the last she heard from the PFL was that Cyborg was a free agent and they had reached out. Harrison also said that she would be happy to negotiate on behalf of Cyborg to get her whatever she wants, whether the fight is winner takes all or not, whether Harrison has to go through a full USADA drug testing program etc. Her only request was that they allow elbows so she can “put one through her skull”.

Cyborg, on the other hand, said that if the PFL wants to make the fight happen, they should contact Scott Coker and Bellator to make the fight a co-promotion. Despite now being a free agent, Cyborg referred to the fact that she loves working with them and considers Coker to be family and would want them to be involved. Whilst co-promotion isn’t out of the question as it’s something Bellator have done before, it does make the deal more complicated.

Also on the MMA Hour, Cyborg announced that she will be making her professional debut in boxing on September 25th. She will face Simone Silva in Curitiba, Brazil and signed her contract live on air. Harrison’s next outing in the PFL comes in less than two weeks when she faces Martina Jindrová on the 20th August at PFL 9 in London as one half of the semi-finals.

Is this a super-fight you’d like to see made in the near future? Let us know your thoughts on the situation in the comments.

Continue Reading

News

Jesse Arnett vs Ali AlQaisi 2 | The Biggest Rematch in UAE Warriors History is Official!

Published

on

The biggest rematch in UAE Warriors history is confirmed as Jesse Arnett (20-8) is set to defend his UAE Warriors featherweight title against rival Ali AlQaisi (12-6) in the main event of ‘UAE Warriors 33’ on Saturday, September 17 live from the Etihad Arena on Yas Island in Abu Dhabi, UAE.

Arnett won the title from AlQaisi in an exciting and heated affair at ‘UAE Warriors 30’ this past July ending ‘The Royal Fighter’s’ triple championship reign. The bout was ended via doctor stoppage due to a cut sustained by AlQaisi in the second round. Emotions ran high and tempers flared in the aftermath, however officials quickly handled the situation and both fighters immediately agreed to a rematch.

Will Arnett retain and establish himself as the UAE Warriors featherweight champion or can AlQaisi regain his status as triple champion!? The score will officially be settled on September 17, live around the world on UFC Fight Pass.

If that wasn’t enough excitement, we will see the anticipated return of the Africa series as ‘UAE Warriors 32: Africa’ takes place the night prior on Friday, September 16.

History will be made as Kevin Oumar (8-3) and Emilio Quissua (3-0) compete become the first ever UAE Warriors Africa light heavyweight champion.

Hailing from Comoros, Oumar is based out of France where has become both a sanda and kickboxing champion. The 29-year-old is on a five-fight win-streak which includes an impressive submission win over the previously undefeated Mohamed Amine in his last fight in UAE Warriors this past March.

Oumar will once again need to be on top of his game as he faces Angola’s Emilio Quissua. A former kickboxer himself, Quissua trains out of the renowned Planet Eater gym in Germany and has won all three of his professional MMA bouts since making his debut just over a year ago.

Stay tuned for more fight announcements.

Continue Reading

Trending

en_USEnglish